Wednesday, November 18, 2020

My Spiritual Trek

In August I did a solo yoga retreat in Arizona. As the only guest, I felt safe, pampered, and grounded in a magical location. As is usually the case, the time alone allowed me to relax, reflect, and unwind from the stressors of everyday life. Here is a journal passage from this trip. 

Colorado Stop
Stopped at a State Park in Colorado just past Chimney Rock. I'm on a wildlife viewing trail, under a bridge, where a pergola houses a gentle breeze. As I sit in the coolness of the shady pergola, I sense nature all around me. It is breezy, which helps break up the solar waves of dry, desert heat. I am comfortable. A rocky creek flows next to me. Down the path an expansive concrete bridge presents a sharp contrast to the plants, sand, rocks, and birds around me. Insects buzz around the pergola. I hear birds chirping as they fly past or perch in the nearby aspen and other trees. Sagebrush dots the valley below. All around me in the distance are conifer spotted mountains. Somewhere I hear what might be an animal's call - it is almost French horn-like. 

As I walked the narrow gravel path just past the bridge, I felt the hot sun beating on me. Though I had left the shady pergola, the breeze was still pleasant. The gravel path perched atop a small ridge, with various small shrubs and perennials along it. 

As I sat reflecting, this poem came to me. 

This is my spiritual trek,
A time just for me. 
I'm on a journey.
It's my time to feel whole. 

Yes, I search for Nature's peace,
for its connection to my soul. 
My mind begins to clear.
My body is revived.

I can feel Nature's presence here.
It is slowly seeping in. 
Speaking to me gently.
As if not to overwhelm. 

This is my Right to Act!
The power to be me.
I feel the cosmic energy.
I am grounded, happy, and free. 





No comments:

Post a Comment